9.24.2009

high speed broadband internet ISP review wellington: woosh

Internet Review: Here is my story signing up for Internet through Woosh.

Sept 14th: Registered for Woosh. Was told I would have Internet within 8 (business? calendar?) days.

Sept 21st: Received a letter saying Internet would be working Sept 18th. It wasn't.

Sept 22nd: Contacted Woosh and they promised a tech would call within 24 hours.

Sept 23rd: The Tech never called. I contacted Woosh and they told me my install has been re-scheduled for the 24th.

Sept 24th: I changed my schedule to be home in the afternoon, but the Internet wasn't working by dinner time. I called Woosh and asked to speak to a Manager. I was told that wasn't necessary. Their computer system told them the final part of the install would take effect at 11pm.

Sept 25th: It still wasn't working the next morning. I decided to leave Woosh. The tech told me the install technicians have been striking, so my service might not be faster with another company. Decide to talk to competition before canceling Woosh. I contacted Vodaphone, Telestar Clear and Telecom. They all use the same network and same technicians (i felt stuck with no real competition)... the other companies claim "haven't had significant delays" (which is probably the different between talking to the competition's sales staff and my vendor's support team).

Sept 25th, second call: Woosh can install it on the 28th. Decided to tough it out for another week. To cheer me up, the Woosh technician told me he's had to schedule some people for October 8th. Very reassuring. I ask for a manager again and am told everything's scheduled. There's no need to worry. But I did get my first week of internet (which I couldn't use) for free.

Sept 27th: Woosh finds this post and a technician contacts me. (I got much better response time from Woosh after that)

Sept 28th: The scheduled technician never shows up.

Sept 29th: A technician is supposed to call to arrange an install for the 30th. The technician never calls.

Sept 30th: I am supposed to be installed today, but nobody shows up.

Oct 1st: A technician is supposed to call before noon. He doesn't. So Woosh contact the technician for me and arrange a time for the 2nd.

Oct 2nd: The technician calls and installs my Internet.

4 comments:

CN said...

How can this be? Their website looks so happy, and they call their packages "Bundles of Joy". Obviously it isn't their fault!

"Since 2003, Woosh has been building a reputation for going further and thinking smarter to bring telecommunications products to our customers at the best possible prices."

If only we could have companies like this in the US. Oh wait we do, but even AOL isn't this bad.

jcrothers@woosh.com said...

Hi there,

This post has shown up on a regular search we do.

I would like to help resolve this issue for you.
Can you please email your Woosh username/account number to me so that I can investigate this?

Alternatively, use the Contact Us form on www.woosh.com or call our helpdesk on 0800 4 96674

Regards
James,
Customer Service Engineer
Woosh Wireless.

Underblog said...

Oddly, if the previous poster had read your post, they would know your account name.

Anonymous said...

Any updates on this saga?