10.14.2008

the missing cup


christmas 2007
(1) my mom "got me" a new york coffee cup which i never unwrapped--but she remembered wrapping it up.
(2) my mom "got me" a hair dryer--which i had no use for since my hair was 1" long

today
(1) i take a shower at 11:45pm--knowing that wet hair won't be an issue since i have my christmas 2007 hair dryer still in its box
(2) i take out the dryer at midnight--only to find a new york coffee cup

so i stayed up for an hour and aggressively towel-dried my hair instead of going directly to bed.

4 comments:

Underblog said...

What I really want to see is a picture of your hair the morning after.

Anonymous said...

You know you could go back to having 1" hair. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Maternal Tea Leaves

Of this, there can be no rebuttal:
It was her way of saying (subtle)
"Son, It's time to live more square
Get a job and keep short hair.
If a mother's wish you should refuse,
Then here's a shameful tool to use"

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha. I hope you told her. I tried telling Tal the story and I couldn't get through it b/c I started laughing so hard