1.29.2008

presumed intelligence


what i hate most about the cinema is my presumed level of intelligence.

:: computer jobs ::
people try to fix their computer... when they need help they look for someone smarter than themselves to solve the problem

:: cinema jobs ::
any monkey with a cash register could work there... and that's how the managers and clients treat you.

so be nice to your cashier. we really like it when we get to talk about something other what we're ringing up. we also like shiny objects and things that glitter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working retail made me a better customer, more understanding of cashiers. At least for a few years until I discovered the kids these days are complete morons. Perhaps you can start a revolution.

Kim

Mary said...

It's sad so few monkeys actually own cash registers.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a cymbal and can you play the accordian?

In all seriousness - I totally agree with Kim on all points.

Anonymous said...

if only life were that cymbal....

Anonymous said...

I understand that you took courses in cymbalic logic.

But to play the monkey, you just need to dance around with a cup. Kind of like a cashier. . .

koo' said...

exploitation sucks.

Unknown said...

I always try to be as polite as possible whenever I am at a register or checkout. It sucks being the guy on the other side, and I was him for several years, so now I try real hard to say "Please" and "Thank You" and "Have a good day" and really mean it.