10.07.2007

where i live



my house [not pictured] from afar.... at the top of the "livable line"...

above it :: a beautiful forest park [with lord of the ring filming location--calling all hobbit costumes]....
below it :: a beautiful city.... and hip "uptown" area...
beneath it :: a fault line

photo taken my first day here. walking around the city, i knew that area was where i wanted to live.

surprises today to be fixed :: 2
>1. clothes take 6 days to air dry. spent the night ironing some undies since i had not accounted for that
>2. no fire alarm... they're not common in this quakey town built of wood. to be remedied tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Being Upside Down Changes One's Outlook.

We note a trait of religious fundies
Who obsess about their precious undies
Supported by an elastic arch
Firmed with spray on starch.
When life besets them with a crunch
They gather tightly in a bunch.
Pleading to delay their day of resurrection
Until their least seen garments
Are ironed to perfection.
We who knew him are caused to grieve
That this has befallen good soul Steve.

Unknown said...

I was going to post a witty comment about this blog entry, but I now realize there is no way I can out-witty the above comment.

...for now. heh heh heh...

Place looks nice, though, GB. If you see Peter Jackson, tell him I said hello.

Anonymous said...

It just makes me want to watch LOTR. I'm jealous that it's in your backyard... although not as jealous as I would be if they were still filming it...

Anonymous said...

great poem, zealot... but can your art do something practical like dry my pants?

the smoke detector is in my apt now.... and the weather is warm/windy, so all my clothing is drying outside!